Gran Turismo 7 will feature 420 different car models as well as over 90 racing tracks

1 : Anonymous2021/12/20 10:54 ID: rkkokh
Gran Turismo 7 will feature 420 different car models as well as over 90 racing tracks
2 : Anonymous2021/12/20 14:19 ID: hpap144

By 90 tracks are those like 1 place with 5 variations of tracks or 90 unique tracks if the makes sense?

ID: hpazyxf

Different layouts and variations.

3 : Anonymous2021/12/20 15:14 ID: hpaw49y

Multiple variations of what’s likely to be 35 or so unique locations*

4 : Anonymous2021/12/20 12:01 ID: hpab285

420 cars.. wtf

ID: hpaome1

Gran Turismo 6 has more than 1000 cars, so it's actually not that much for Polyphony standard. But I'm guessing because of the high graphic fidelity they can't do 1000 cars anymore.

ID: hparn79

Yeah I remember GT 5 was announced to have that many. But at launch it turned out that like 90% of them were PS2 level models while only the remaining 10% were PS3 level models.

ID: hpaxbqx

I agree. But its still a joke considering how long it took for this to come out after 6. The creator lied about gt sport and said that was basically gt 7. I'm sure they'll have plenty of cars from dlc and I'm curious to see how many cars the new Forza motorsport will launch with.

ID: hpau9cm

No way! Never played the serie. That's an insane amount

ID: hpb4n0j

It's actually quite close to gt sport which has around 350 cars now. I hope it will include a lot of new models because I'm quite tired to have the exact same car editions since GT4.

ID: hpb8lm3

The majority of cars in the GT6 and before were variations, like 18 Skylines and 15 GTRS. Also a lot of them were the PS2 models which had poor levels of details and lacked interiors. I don’t really understand how over 400 cars isn’t good enough.

ID: hpabyfa

With 90 racing tracks.

ID: hpac5z7

No it said 90 layouts. The tracks will have more than 1 or 2 layouts.

ID: hpbcmum

so 45 tops

5 : Anonymous2021/12/20 20:16 ID: hpc3sha

If this was any other studio it would be an open world map. I love Japan. For that.

6 : Anonymous2021/12/20 11:13 ID: hpa7are

As someone who plays on iRacing, the value that GT provides is fucking incredible.

ID: hpa8kbr

yeah. it's amazing

7 : Anonymous2021/12/20 15:53 ID: hpb1emf

They missed a perfect opportunity to have 420 cars and 69 tracks

ID: hpb4rsg


ID: hpbqdex

It’s “over 90 tracks” so they could have said “over 69 tracks” and it still would’ve technically been correct. They really did miss their opportunity.

8 : Anonymous2021/12/20 15:27 ID: hpaxu53

The fuck? I thought this was ps5 only.

ID: hpb7f28

No, they announced it was PS4 to ages ago.

9 : Anonymous2021/12/20 16:25 ID: hpb5yd7

400 of those cars will be a variant of the R34, 19 of them will be some sort of NA Miata, and there will be one Viper.

89 of those tracks will be the same course but mirrored/reversed/rain.

ID: hpbwt61

How different are the car variants stat-wise? I dunno much about racing games.

Edit: other than racing games where you can throw turtle shells at people.

ID: hpbxp7z

I’m thinking of GT4 where there was an R34 that counted as an entirely separate car, but the only thing that differentiated it from another one was that it was “special colour midnight purple”. Cool colour in real life, but come on… that’s not an entirely different car.

ID: hpexe4y

Not at all

The Track part of your comment is kinda true since they never said 90 tracks but 90 track layouts

10 : Anonymous2021/12/20 12:15 ID: hpacamw

That's 21 tracks too many.

ID: hpaf7jo

21 less would be nice

ID: hparo2w

Why? The more tracks the better. Especially for career mode. I think more tracks is more important than more cars personally.

ID: hpaggcl

With that number of car models it seems like they should just go for the funny number. But Realistically I'd be pissed losing 20+ tracks.

ID: hpauumx

Did somebody say NICE?

11 : Anonymous2021/12/20 13:29 ID: hpajclf


ID: hpaq3sc

I thought GT Sport’s DLC only gave you instant access to cars that could be unlocked in the base game? I could be wrong, but that’s what I read when I looked into it. From an outside perspective it looked like a huge amount of paid DLC.

12 : Anonymous2021/12/20 16:12 ID: hpb41az

Gran Turismo 2 had 650 vehicles at launch… it looks like they took all of the tracks from 1,2 and three, combined them together and now they are trying to sell you high res old content that was made to run on the OG PlayStation 4

ID: hpboqwr

This is the PS4 sub.

I want a game that is made to run in the OG PS4 because that's my console

13 : Anonymous2021/12/20 15:05 ID: hpauxqt

Thats, a very low number, Forza type low


Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x