Well i WAS a Geforce Gigabyte 1660 Gaming OC User with around 140 FPS ingame (destiny 2), what is, for that Card already quite good tbh.
I wanted something stronger but getting an RTX Video Card is harder then winning in the Lotterie... Or you are going to pay ridiculous Prizes - Ehh NO!
So i decided to go with AMD and with some Luck i got the 6700XT
With the SAME Ingame Settings, i had on RTX with ~140 FPS, i now have something around 75 FPS
I mean, its a stronger Card, more Power but less Ingame Power??? Whats going wrong here?
If anybody knows a way to fix this Problem i would be so thankful
It's both a game problem and an AMD problem
The beyond light expansion changed the lighting system and absolutely ruined performance and caused low GPU usage
Apparently bungie is working on a fix, but as an older AMD driver isn't affected by this (20.4.2?) And is a fix for pre RDNA 2 cards, i think there may be an issue in the drivers too
I'm having the same issue on my 6800XTID: gw676s6
did u changed anything within Radeon Software or are u using the standard settings for the Game?ID: gw69ayp
Only changes in radeon software is RIS to 70% and FRTC to cap at 140fps
Destiny 2 is broke since Beyond Light, my bud with his RTX3080/2070S cant even start the game without having to shut it down and reinstall the drivers cuz the game somehow corrupts the driver.
I cant even start it anymore since BL cuz Bungie is a greedy POS company with no idea on how to code.ID: gw6g1u8
Yeah, had some similiar Issues with Geforce. Getting out of the Game with ALt+Tab sometimes causing a Crash (Stuck)
And yes Bungie are BungosID: gw6iqwv
My RX580 ran fine, till BL my RX5700XT also ran 140fps average and then.... BL happened.
/comments/m5gnz1/destiny_2_fps_issues_on_amd_gpus/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3" class="reddit-press-link" target="_blank" rel="noopener">https://www.reddit.com/ /comments/m5gnz1/destiny_2_fps_issues_on_amd_gpus/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
Well, these CVAR thing did not worked. Man makes it even more bad
Like I posted in the next sentence, it's broken due to whatever BL did to the multithreaded renderer. I have quit D2 when BL launched and I am much happier now.
Additionally, below are some suggestions that may help FPS issues:
1. Verify the integrity of your game files in the Steam app.
2. Remove your CVARS.xml file.
3. Try lowering your graphics settings, capping your FPS, lowering your FOV, and changing your Window Mode to Windowed.
4. Turn VSYNC on and/or off.
5. Lower the clockspeed of your GPU.
6. Lower your hz on your monitor.
7. Remove the Windows Gamebar.
8. Edit your Radeon Gaming Settings and Shader Cache if you use a AMD Radeon card or Reset/Optimize your game's graphic settings if you use NVIDIA GeForge Experience
9. Check your CPU coole
10. Manually specify that Destiny 2 should use your GPU in your PC Graphic Settings.
11. Go into Windows Audio Settings and change it to 16 bit, 44100 Hz (CD Quality).
12. Use your laptop's Power cable.
13. Disable ALL non-100% essential background apps/services.
14. Disable any CPU/RAM overclock in the BIOS/UEFI.
15. Reduce mouse polling rate to 500ms or below
16. Turn SLI GPUBoost Sync to "No" if you have that option.
Most of, what fits Radeon, already done, Still the same shhhhh
Removing the Windows Gamebar is always good... Reduce mouse polling rate..?
I have a gigabyte gtx 1660 gaming oc and that shit is loud af
Had no Probs. Mine was running like a Cat - Silent and Smooth
if it's not broke don't fix it
Trade it for a 3070/3060ti if D2 is your main game, and make sure to force nvidia threaded optimization in the driver game settings otherwise you will get hit by a CPU bottleneck (regardless of what CPU you're running)
LUL. Thats a stupid advice
Huh? Why?, Nvidia runs destiny 2 better tbh, and the 6700xt isn't that great for perf/$, you can trade to a 3060ti with some cash in hand and get twice the frames, seems like a win to me.
The new amd drivers have issues, revert back to an older driver
The 6700XT is not supported by 20.4.2.